- Keep a small bottle of pure Lavender essentail oil in your kithcen. If you burn yourself ( e.g. on the oven shelf in that little gap where the oven gloves don't reach) just grab that little brown bottle and a drop of neat lavender oil on the burn will immediatley remove the sting. It will heal super fast without leaving a scar. Read up on using oils safely as it is not usual to use them neat. Lavender should be used sparingly if you have high blood pressure.I can thoroughly recommend a book for learning about how to use essentail oils for all kinds of household uses from the laundry room, for health and first aid, to pest control and to make your own air freshener.
- A few drops of lavender oil in water will also take the sting out of sun burn - if you ever get caught out without sunscreen. Just lightly wring out a face cloth and pat on the burnt area.
- A wee drop of washing-up liquid spread over a bathroom mirror and vigorously polished off will stop that mirror from steaming up for weeks - maybe months - bit of hard work and elbow grease but worth the effort.
- For pet owners out there - to kill fleas that have been vacuumed up or to stop flea eggs sprouting (whatever the expression should be) place a cat flea collar in the dust collecting bag/bin of your vacuum cleaner. Renew the collar every 6 months.
- Finally this tip is a famous quote from Quentin Crisp. I've never been able to hold my nerve long enough to check out if it is in fact correct! "Dust doesn't get any thicker after 4 years"
Instructions for this meme:
Write your tip(s) with a link to who sent the meme to you, along with the instructions. They are better if they are your own discovery, or not widely known. Still, tips that make a difference to you are all good. After your tips, you may want to tag some fellow bloggers.