Monday 15 October 2007

UHT Milk

I hear the latest clever thought out of DEFRA is that besides wanting us all to go vegetarian to save us all from the dreadful threat of Global Warming they also now want us to forgo fresh milk and only drink the awful sterilised UHT milk. YUK.

Do you think this is a Govt ploy? Perhaps Gordon Brown believes if we are all busily intent on saving our British Fresh Milk Pinta and the nation's dairy herds; that we wont notice when he signs up to the new EU Constitution. The same renamed and 'revised' constitution on which the Govt promised us a referendum. Another broken promise. The one in which Cyclops has drawn red lines which are non negotiable?! Ha. Pull the other one - it's got bells on it!

This sounds very like an episode of 'Yes Minister' where Jim Hacker saves us from the peril of an EEC Ruling where we would lose our British Banger.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I'm going to mess with them all and only drink homemade nut milks or oat milk. I love them! They are relatively cheap ingredients and easy to make at home. Muhahaha (evil laugh).

Whispering Walls said...

What would Louis Pasteur make of it?

Flowerpot said...

All this bureaucratic EEC b*****cks makes me want to scream!

Mark Wadsworth said...

I have declared my house a UHT free zone. Altho' they do have a point on vegetarianism. But as people are paying for the meat they eat, I really don't see the harm.

toby said...

I wonder how many vegetarians eat soya, dabble with coke and other drugs, drive cars and own flatscreen televisions.

I tried soya milk when I went through my veggie phase but it's even worse than UHT. Perhaps the bad taste was due to poor South American farmers whose land had been stolen by rich soya plantation owners.

Penny Pincher said...

Nice to see you all here - thanks for calling by.