Wednesday 20 June 2007

Rubber Necking

Oh - how blissful. I saw a massage therapist this morning. I was finding it more and more difficult to pull recalcitrant weeds and prune the apple trees. And I suffered whenever I had to apply a touch of elbow grease to polishing with my usual vim and vigour. The massage wasn't as painful as I was expecting. I was told I had over tight tense neck muscles that have shortened. So I have some neck exercises to do. It was really relaxing - I'm glad. I have been told off for carrying too much weight [not for being fat] but at any one time, when I'm shopping and gardening. I've been told that our muscles start to lose strength from the age of 40. So it's no wonder I've started to feel weak and wimpish lately. I'm inclined to carry on hauling, reaching, bending and pulling things around as I've always done and my body's beginning to protest. For half an hour of relaxation with just a few slight moments of bruising massage - all for £25 - I feel supple and wonderful. My neck feels as if it will turn around 360 degrees like an owl. I won't have to rely only on my wing mirrors to reverse. I'll be able to peek over my shoulder again. I will certainly return for another session. Now that I've bared my overweight body, I'll return. I may even attempt a session at hypnotherapy to see whether it will help get my weak-willpower up to full strength; to assist the dieting.

N.B : this is not quite what I expected to find when I went to look for a link to Elbow Grease. It doesn't matter how old you - I find I'm learning something new every day. I'd better be careful when and how I use the expression 'elbow grease' from now on.

3 comments:

merry weather said...

My kids do those neck exercises before judo as part of the warm-up. 360 degree with comfort eh? Good for observing all sorts.... I'm glad you're feeling better Thinker and good luck with the diet stuff - I'm thinking of you :) It will happen, you know, if you want it to....

Penny Pincher said...

Ouch - thanks Merry -I spoke a bit too soon - feel very bruised and achey today - but neck still mobile - so worth it. x

Mopsa said...

Oooh - elbow grease - thanks for the tip!