Any way for those of you unfamiliar with driving down minor roads that are like streams or rivers here are a few tips:
- Do not follow the vehicle in front closely - you want to avoid any bow wave s/he makes.
- Drive as closely to the middle of the road as is possible
- Drive as slowly as possible - avoid the bow wave from anyone driving in the opposite direction - most country folk will take alternate turns to drive through a flooded area
- Most importantly Engage the lowest gear possible - keep the revs high and steady - advance slowly - if necessary slip the clutch a little
- Remember to brake when clear of the water to help dry the brakes out
- For more comprehensive advice click this link
- Finally when I lived in Goucestershire if a motorist soaked a pedestrian they were often charged or cautioned about driving without due care and attention or consideration to other road users. [see item 12].