Sunday 15 July 2007

Is It an Oscar? Is It an Emmy? No It's a ...

Well, what an exciting surprise to hear that I had been granted an award for services to blogging. It was almost like Christmas. I rushed over to Canada to have a look and found I'd been given not an Oscar or an Emmy but a 'Blogging Community Involvement Award'. Thanks to Merri - I have a new word to add to my vocabulary. I Schmooze. I picked up my award, carried it home and now proudly display it on this blog entry.

Mike who devised the award states that " Schmoozing as defined by Dictonary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much." I think it means I have the gift of the gab. And that I'm not backward in coming forward. If so, that sounds like me. But I don't think I am quite in Mike's league. Well not yet. Who knows what the future holds. I'm still a bit of a blogging virgin.

My 5 nominations are:

  1. Rilly Super the poor Strife in the North - she overcomes all manner of setbacks with grace, charm and wit. Yet she still manages to network, shamelessly, with the high and mighty of the land along with us more humble folk. Rilly helps me to keep smiling when the going gets tough and the tough have given up and gone home [to weep].

  2. Lizzie - who is over 60. She is trying to re-dress the balance - so many bloggers appear to be in their young to mid years. Lizzie is quite new to blogging - well she is one of this year's models - off the bloggers production line in February 2007.

  3. Witty Woman - another blogging woman who makes me laugh. She tries to ensure we are all spelling and using our English words correctly. Wide range of topics covered. I've only recently discovered her so have not yet read her earlier postings.

  4. Mr Angry - grumpy man with a satirical sense of humour. Never talked to him before so to tell him I've given him an award will be a schmooser's first for me. How do you go up to a stranger and say 'Hi - you don't know me but I know you and you make me LOL so I've awarded you the .......'

  5. Mopsa - nature meets art - interesting reading and lovely photos.

8 comments:

Mopsa said...

Thank you, Thinker ....schmooze I can do. Will contemplate who to nominate in the light of day, and just enjoy your words for a moment or two.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got it, Penny!
((hugs to a fellow schmoozer!
LOL!

rilly super said...

oh gosh penny, well done on your award and thanks for thinking of me and saying such lovely things, sob...

Penny Pincher said...

thank you Merri and Rilly - it was such a surprise and lovely to dress up and walk the red carpet - but one disappointment - no one from the press there ... and no mention of my award in the Daily papers today - do you think it'll make the reviews on Sunday next?

Chris at 'Chrissie's Kitchen' said...

Crikey Penelp, thanks so much! And good on yer girl! Well done.

Am so flattered & stuff; don't quite understand it quite, but just put that down to advanced age! ( No. Rather lack of little grey cells as usual.Hmm)

HUGS X Lizzie

ps daught no 2 is a Penny so forgive the term of slight endearment.

Chris at 'Chrissie's Kitchen' said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris at 'Chrissie's Kitchen' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny Pincher said...

Thanks Lizzie - I have to confess Penelope is my 'pen name'. I chose it as all the best girls are called Penny and I was nearly christened Penelope Jane. You can be as familiar as you like - us older gals must stick together.
I'm just going to delete your doubled message - has happened to me many times ... bit fiddly to leave comments sometimes isn't it. x