Mike who devised the award states that " Schmoozing as defined by Dictonary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much." I think it means I have the gift of the gab. And that I'm not backward in coming forward. If so, that sounds like me. But I don't think I am quite in Mike's league. Well not yet. Who knows what the future holds. I'm still a bit of a blogging virgin.
My 5 nominations are:
- Rilly Super the poor Strife in the North - she overcomes all manner of setbacks with grace, charm and wit. Yet she still manages to network, shamelessly, with the high and mighty of the land along with us more humble folk. Rilly helps me to keep smiling when the going gets tough and the tough have given up and gone home [to weep].
- Lizzie - who is over 60. She is trying to re-dress the balance - so many bloggers appear to be in their young to mid years. Lizzie is quite new to blogging - well she is one of this year's models - off the bloggers production line in February 2007.
- Witty Woman - another blogging woman who makes me laugh. She tries to ensure we are all spelling and using our English words correctly. Wide range of topics covered. I've only recently discovered her so have not yet read her earlier postings.
- Mr Angry - grumpy man with a satirical sense of humour. Never talked to him before so to tell him I've given him an award will be a schmooser's first for me. How do you go up to a stranger and say 'Hi - you don't know me but I know you and you make me LOL so I've awarded you the .......'
- Mopsa - nature meets art - interesting reading and lovely photos.