Sunday 5 August 2007

Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Summer Days are still with us. So is the lazy hazy crazy days of summer ..... So is Hay Fever. I've spent the last 5 days zonked out from taking 'non-drowsy' antihistamine and de-congestant pills. My eyelids are so sore and swollen I look as if I've been in the ring with Henry Cooper. Hay Fever is not helped by weeding. Neither does it help that the decorators have painted all the outside woodwork. The smell of paint fumes are overwhelming in the heat. I am also afflicted with paint poisoning. When I'm not in a drug induced haze - I'm to be found on the throne in the smallest room.

I've been awarded 2 awards. But apart from gallantly dragging myself from my drug induced stupor to collect them - I have yet to thank my sponsors and to pass on my nominations.

6 comments:

Flowerpot said...

I dont suffer from hayfever but I do from paint poisoning - two at once a bit much. Many sympathies... hope you recover soon.

Poetess said...

Oh poor you. Apparently eating honey is supposed to relieve hayfever.

Good to see you over at mine. glad you like the new colour scheme. I've been decorating. No paint fumes though, thank goodness. they are leathal.

Poetessxxxx

Penny Pincher said...

Thanks Flower. Nice to hear from you again. And Poetess - yes I do eat honey - a teaspoonful a day of Manuka. BUT for hay fever I think it's supposed to be local honey. I'll have to go to the local farmer's market and seek out a source in readiness for next year.

rilly super said...

crikey penny, you sound rough. My eyes are watering just reading this. Take care now

Penny Pincher said...

I know Rilly - I am really a site for sore eyes. thanks for calling in. I saw you recently overseas - India. glad you still travelling about. love x

merry weather said...

My dear Thinker, I popped in here for a bit of time out and I find you practically unconcious - poor thing! Hope the situation has improved by now...