Thursday 10 May 2007

Household Pests

Well, when I went away I had a regular visiting mouse. It wouldn't leave when politely requested to do so. Eventually I set traps. One was caught on the morning of my departure and two more while I was away. So far, this week, it has been all quiet on the Mouse Front. I'm also glad to say that I've not been invaded by ants. In 2006 a whole colony tried to move in and I had to get out weapons of mass destruction. Now I am on a slug hunt. I've seen it's slimy trail over the kitchen floor and hope to surprise it in the early hours when I make an unannounced visit of inspection. I don't know what it is about this house but the wildlife will persist in trying to move in with us.

1 comment:

TutleyMutley said...

Have the same problem with mice and slugs. Came downstairs one morning, to be greeted by a dead mouse in the dogs drinking bowl. Who needs sophisticated mouse traps? DH thought that it probably died of hypothermia rather than drowning. Slugs invade out kitchen every night. UGH.