Tuesday 3 April 2007

Who Am I?

Have you ever woken from a deep sleep and wondered 'Who am I?'. Well I used to do that- a lot. Very disconcerting it is too. Sometimes I'd wake and my first thought was 'Who am I?' then 'Where am I?' closely followed by 'Who's that sleeping next to me?'.

Now I've led a very sheltered life. Old fashioned. I missed all the loose living of the 60's. If anyone offered me any drugs I didn't notice. Maybe due to my short sightedness and the vanity that prevented me wearing specs. I remember the phrase 'men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses'. Well if you don't wear them you don't see the passes being made. Maybe that was a saying sent about by fathers, trying to keep their little girls 'pure'. So apart from my sister when we were very young I have only shared a bed with my husband. So it is rather strange to wake and have to lie there gathering all my thoughts together as to 'who I am'. Must be awful [or liberating!] to have long term amnesia. Do you think we have lived before? Is it possible we could forget which life we are in now? I believe in re-incarnation. I'll come back to that later!

No comments: